Since Zia Credit Union membership offers so many outstanding benefits, you might think it's difficult to get in. But that couldn't be further from the truth. To become a member of Zia CU, here’s all you have to do:
- Live, work, or worship in one of the following counties: Los Alamos, Rio Arriba, Pojoaque, or Santa Fe
- Open a Share Savings Account and maintain a minimum balance of $25
If you don’t live, work, or worship in any of those four counties, we’ve got good news! You can still join our credit union if:
- You are related to a current Zia CU member
- You were a Zia CU member in the past
What does it mean to be a member?
As a not-for-profit, cooperative financial institution, Zia CU exists to help our members save, borrow, and manage their money with confidence. We are committed to providing comprehensive financial solutions and exceptional personal service for every one of our members. What sets our credit union apart from other financial institutions? Here are a few highlights:
- Zia CU is cooperatively owned by its members.
- Members fund our credit union by purchasing shares.
- The purchase of a share gives each member ownership in the credit union and secures the right to vote for volunteer leaders to represent the members’ needs.
- Elected officials democratically manage a pool of capital for the benefit of all credit union members.
- Rather than paying profits to stockholders, Zia CU returns its earnings to its members in the form of higher dividends and lower rates on loans.
- Members’ assets comprise the resources that support Zia CU’s lending programs.
Ready to join?
Open a share savings account online with just a $25 minimum deposit to become a Zia CU member!