We recognize at Zia Credit Union that our success is a result of the quality and caliber of our employees. We are always interested in receiving applications from motivated and energetic individuals. Zia Credit Union offers competitive pay and an excellent benefit package. Zia Credit Union is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Serve as a liaison between the member and the credit union. Provide account information by phone or in person, as well as information on the full range of credit union products and services. Resolve issues, and professionally handle the member’s daily needs. Provide a variety of transactional services to members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Greet and welcome members and visitors to the credit union in a professional manner.
- Provide prompt, efficient, and accurate service in the processing of transactions.
- Provide in-person and by-telephone general and specific service-related information concerning credit union services or policies.
- May respond to email or other electronic requests submitted by members, again providing professional, prompt, efficient, and accurate service and information.
- Respond to members’ requests, problems, and complaints and/or direct them to the appropriate person for specific information and assistance.
- Handle requests from members for transfers of shares to loan payments, share withdrawals, check requests, line of credit advances, and any other requests received from members.
- Promote credit union products and services based on member’s needs.
- Process member mail transactions.
- Mail receipts and checks to members as indicated by policy and procedure.
- Provide information on investment alternatives to members wishing to deposit funds with the credit union.
- Research accounts for deposit, withdrawal, and loan payment discrepancies.
- Assist members in balancing their accounts.
- Responsible for balancing sold money orders and cashier’s checks daily.
- Responsibility for compliance, as applicable, with the Bank Secrecy Act, including addressing, in a timely manner, any transaction requiring or warranting action.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lifting: Must be able to lift 50 pounds on occasion.
- Talking/hearing: The person in this position frequently communicates, in-person and by
- phone, with credit union members and co-workers.
- Fingering: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand as in handling.
- Crouching: Bending the body downward and forward.
- Reaching: Extending hands and arms in any direction.
- Grasping: Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
- Pulling: Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, haul or tug objects in a
- sustained motion on occasion.
- Standing: Particularly for sustained periods of time.
- Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks.
- Visual acuity: The person in this position is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing, viewing a computer terminal and extensive reading.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or equivalent, and experience in related field.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS
- Effectively manages time and responsibilities (tasks, projects, etc.).
- Fulfills commitments effectively, efficiently, and thoroughly, and within designated time frames.
- Consistently produces an acceptable level of work under low, typical, and high levels of workload and, if appropriate, actively seeks out additional work (e.g., during downtime).
- Effectively utilizes available resources (documentation, etc.) to complete work.
- Effectively manages multiple tasks and adapts to changing conditions.
Knowledge and Quality of Work
- Possesses and applies knowledge, skills, and abilities to properly accomplish responsibilities, and consistently produces accurate and quality work.
- Actively learns and accurately implements job responsibilities and new tasks, including abiding by established credit union policies and procedures.
- Fulfills commitments and completes responsibilities (e.g., tasks, projects, etc.) with an appropriate level of follow-up. Organizes work in a manner that allows others to assess where workload stands.
- Understands credit union, departmental, and job purposes/objectives.
- Demonstrates the ability to evaluate, identify a solution(s) to, and appropriately address an opportunity or problem. Makes appropriate decisions, taking into consideration factors pertaining to the circumstance (e.g., potential impact to members and/or credit union, etc.).
Initiative and Self-Development
- Actively and willingly supports and, as applicable, contributes to the implementation of new policies, procedures, products, services, etc. Recognizes and presents ideas for improvement.
- Attends credit union/departmental meetings (e.g., General Employee Meetings), completes assigned training (e.g., online course) timely, and independently identifies and takes advantage of relevant self-development opportunities (training, education, etc.).
- Takes the initiative to find answers and solutions. Develops and retains knowledge for future applications.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm for his/her position. Shows willingness to take on new tasks and projects.
- Participates in credit union and/or department activities (e.g., community events, "dress-up days", annual meeting, golf tournament, etc.) in a professional, positive, and cooperative manner.
Internal Service and Teamwork
- Communicates effectively and appropriately with others, including, but not limited to, all credit union staff, vendor representatives, and members, in verbal, written, and electronic forms of communication.
- Takes an active and constructive role when involved in projects, meetings, training, etc.
- Actively fosters teamwork and develops an appropriate level of camaraderie within immediate workgroup and other areas/departments of the credit union.
- Encourages other staff members to perform well, avoids negative conversation (e.g., gossip) and positively supports change. Follows proper channels (hierarchy) to make requests, receive approvals, escalate problems, etc.
- Keeps manager informed with regards to, and effectively communicates information about activities for area of responsibility.
- Assists other credit union employees through helping to accomplish tasks, sharing knowledge, problem-solving, etc.
Member Service and Professionalism
- Treats members, co-workers, and others with friendliness, respect, and courtesy; maintains a positive attitude and manner. Demonstrates appreciation for the opportunity to serve members and/or fellow employees.
- Exhibits honesty, demonstrates integrity, and adheres to standards set forth in credit union's Standards of Conduct Policy.
- Consistently follows credit union dress and grooming standards, applies good judgment in choice of attire and appearance for the work environment, and fosters the level of professionalism appropriate to a financial institution.
- Strives to proactively assist members, co-workers, and others, and does so with a "sense of urgency", and goes the "extra mile" in interactions and responsibilities. Is responsive to requests. Takes "ownership" of tasks, issues, etc. presented, and readily accepts responsibility for actions.
- Maintains confidentiality of information and handles sensitive matters appropriately.