Become a Member
There are so many remarkable benefits to a membership with Zia Credit Union, so we can understand if you think it's difficult to get in. But that couldn't be farther from the truth. To become a member of ZIA CU you:
- Must keep a minimum opening deposit of $25 in a Share Savings Account
- Must live, work or worship in Los Alamos County, Rio Arriba County, Pojoaque County, or Santa Fe County
Even if you don’t live, work, or worship in the four counties you may also become a member if you:
- Have a relative who is a member of Zia CU
- Were a past member of Zia CU
What can you expect from becoming our member?
The purpose of Zia CU is to achieve the goal of good service and to encourage its members to save money. Zia CU is a not-for-profit cooperative financial institution formed to permit their field of membership to save, borrow, and obtain related financial services.
- Zia CU is owned by its members cooperatively
- Shares purchased by its members fund the Credit Union
- The purchase of a share allows a member to become an owner of Zia CU and assures a right to vote for volunteer leaders who will represent the members’ needs
- Elected officials democratically manage and control a pool of capital for the benefit of all members
- Zia CU offers various savings plans to members
- Rather than paying profits to stockholders, Zia CU returns its earnings to its members in the form of higher dividends and lower rates on loans.
- Members’ assets form the basic pool of Zia CU’s lending financial services.