Through direct financial support or other in-kind contributions to local organizations and by participating in public service activities, Zia Credit Union is an active partner in our community. We recognize that practicing good citizenship supports the Credit Union philosophy of "People Helping People."
In the past 60 years, we have supported many worthy causes and initiatives. Here are just some of the organizations that Zia Credit Union has supported by fundraising or volunteering:
- American Cancer Society's "Relay for Life"
- Children's Miracle Network
- University of New Mexico Children's Hospital
- Northern New Mexico College Foundation
- Big Brothers Big Sisters Northern New Mexico
- Pajarito Environmental Education Center (PEEC)
- United Way of Northern New Mexico
- Crisis Center of Northern New Mexico
- Self Help, Inc.
- Embudo Valley Library & Community Center
- Boys & Girls Club of Santa Fe/ Del Norte
To request a donation or sponsorship for your organization or event, please review the criteria below:
Donation and Sponsorship Criteria
It is Zia Credit Union's objective to promote credit union involvement within Zia Credit Union's four (4) county area of Los Alamos, Rio Arriba, Taos and Santa Fe.
Donations/Sponsorships cannot be made to individuals, political candidates, or individual teams and are intended to be used for specific projects or events, not promotions or operations such as travel.
Requests must meet the following qualifications to be considered:
- Donations will benefit a charitable cause
- Donations will qualify as a non-profit/tax exempt organization under Section 501c(3) of the Internal Revenue Code; or organizations that are tax exempt under 501c(3)
- Donations will benefit a significant segment of the community or communities within Zia's four (4) county area
- Donations are limited to one (1) donation to an organization per calendar year
- Sponsorships will promote a positive and family-oriented image in the community
- Sponsorships will support the development of and/or benefit the community as a whole
- Sponsorships will create a positive recognition of the Credit Union
- Sponsorships are limited to (1) sponsorship to an organization per calendar year
For your Donation Request to be considered, complete our Donation Request Formand submit it 30 days in advance of the event, funding or printing deadline. Any application received within 30 days of the event may not be considered due to budget constraints. Donation and Sponsorship requests are considered in the order they are received. Please include all available details. Any supporting documentation can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or you are welcome to mail your documentation to Zia Credit Union, Attention Marketing Dept., PO Box 490, Los Alamos, NM 87544.