An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We can cover your overdrafts in two ways:
- We have standard overdraft practices that come with your account.
- We also offer overdraft protection plans, such as a link to a savings account (subject to Regulation D, which limits withdrawals and transfers to 6 each month), which may be less expensive than our standard overdraft practices. (To learn more, ask us about these plans.)
These are the standard overdraft practices that come with your account.
We do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
- Automatic bill payments
We do not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you ask us to (see below):
- ATM transactions
- Everyday (one-time) debit card transactions.
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction. If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
These are the fees that will be charged to me if Zia Credit Union pays my overdraft.
Under our standard overdraft practices:
- We will charge you a fee of up to $35 each time we pay an overdraft.
- There is no limit on the total fees we can charge you for overdrawing your account.
What actions do I need to take if I want Zia Credit Union to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM transactions and everyday (one-time) debit card transactions?
If you would also like us to authorize and pay overdrafts on your ATM and everyday (one-time) debit card transactions, please call us at 505-662-4671 or 1-800-392-7629.